June 2021 Meeting
Click here to see pictures from our May and June 2021 Monthly meetings. photos courtesy of Dianna Yurko, Autocrafters CARSTAR Bensalem
July and August are exec meetings so no general meeting. We haven’t decided on date or place yet.
- Committee Report
- Annual Frolic: Jane-booked for 10/8 at Philmont Country Club
- Golf: Ed-set for 7/12 at Spring Mill-meeting after this meeting
- 2021 Golf Brochure (click to download)
- Speakers: Jane-
- Sick and Sunshine: Jane-Don Rubin grandson Noah
- Scholarship Recipients: 3 winners; Patrick Handley going to St. Joe’s for education, Bella Thomson going to Bloomsburg for nursing, Grace Thomson also going to Bloomsburg for nursing
- Save the Dates
- Food Truck Rally at Playwicki Farm 6/11, 7/9, 8/13, 9/10, 10/8
- 7/5/21: Lower Southampton 4th of July Parade
- July 2021: Executive Meeting (TBD)
- August 2021: Executive Meeting (TBD)
- 9/1/21: General Meeting; Guest Speaker Kathy Rue and Gee Stewart from YWCA presented by Trevor Markowitz of Wit or Witout
- October 2021: NO MEETING
- 10/8/21: Annual Frolic at Philmont celebrating Person of the Year Linda Pupkiewicz
- 11/3/21: General Meeting; elections for 2022; Guest Speaker Bucks County Commissioner Diane Ellis-Marseglia presented by Ray Greenberg of Financial Expertise and Ed MacConnell of Total Benefit Solutions
- December 2021: Project Blue Light/Social Gathering (TBD)
- Presenter for June Ron Hyman of Insurance Shops
- Ron Hyman from Insurance Shops right here on 246 Bustleton pk in Feasterville presents our guest speakers this month. Insurance Shops www.insshops.com is dedicated to their clients and all their different insurance needs. Their mission is simple-provide innovative solutions for both individuals and commercial organizations. They offer business owners coverage policies for general liability, workers comp, cyber, liability, commercial auto and business owners policies, and special events coverage.
- Guest Speaker for June Lt Mike Pennington and Sgt Chris Koehnlein of the Lower Southampton Police Department:
- Lt. Pennington has been a police officer with the Lower Southampton Twp. P.D. since 1986 and has held the rank of Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant. He was assigned to the detective division for two years. In addition to being an Accident Reconstructionist he is one of the team Commanders for the Bucks County Major Incident Response Team.
- Sgt. Koehnlein has been a police officer with the Lower Southampton Twp. P.D. since 1995. He has risen through the ranks from Corporal to Sergeant. Like Lt Pennington Sgt Koehnlein is also an Accident Reconstructionist, he also is a member of the South Central SWAT team and one of the police department’s A.L.I.C.E. instructor.
- A.L.I.C.E. Training helps people, business owners, religious leaders etc. develop a plan to respond to an active threat of an armed subject in the work place, school, place of worship or on any other venue. The main goal of the training is to instill in the attendees the importance of developing a plan in the event that the worst case scenario happens.
April 2021 Meeting
Autocrafters CARSTAR Collision and YWCA proudly present April’s Guest Speaker Bucks County District Attorney Matt Weintraub. DA Matt Weintraub is an Upper Southampton native with over a quarter-century of prosecutorial experience. As DA, he and his staff of about 100 have spearheaded and endorsed many ongoing countywide public safety community measures, which include: drug diversion and treatment initiatives, Crimewatch, Ben’s Campaign: a free gunlock distribution initiative, the DUI taskforce and the Drug Strike Force, and the local DNA database. Weintraub is the first District Attorney in the nation to purchase the licensing rights to the film, “Walking While Black: L.O.V.E. is the Answer,” and has presented this film all across Bucks County. He is passionate about educating the public on justice and public safety in schools and in communities all across Bucks County.
District Attorney Matt Weintraub
Feb 2021 Monthly Meeting
April Monthly Meeting
Next month’s meeting will be held at the Buck Hotel in Feasterville on April 1, 2020 Speaker will be Fred Harran, Bensalem Public Safety Director.
Our March 2020 Membership Meeting was Wednesday March 4, 2020 at the Buck Hotel. Our guest speaker was Cpl Sean Daugherty from the Lower Southampton Police Department who discussed ALICE training.