General Meeting 6 5 2021
July and August are exec meetings so no general meeting. We haven’t decided on date or place yet.
Below are my notes from the general meeting. I wasn’t able to take any pics but I think Dianna may have taken some.
- Committee Report
- Annual Frolic: Jane-booked for 10/8 at Philmont Country Club
- Golf: Ed-set for 7/12 at Spring Mill-meeting after this meeting
- Speakers: Jane-
- Sick and Sunshine: Jane-Don Rubin grandson Noah
- Scholarship Recipients: 3 winners; Patrick Handley going to St. Joe’s for education, Bella Thomson going to Bloomsburg for nursing, Grace Thomson also going to Bloomsburg for nursing
- Save the Dates
- Food Truck Rally at Playwicki Farm 6/11, 7/9, 8/13, 9/10, 10/8
- 7/5/21: Lower Southampton 4th of July Parade
- July 2021: Executive Meeting (TBD)
- August 2021: Executive Meeting (TBD)
- 9/1/21: General Meeting; Guest Speaker Kathy Rue and Gee Stewart from YWCA presented by Trevor Markowitz of Wit or Witout
- October 2021: NO MEETING
- 10/8/21: Annual Frolic at Philmont celebrating Person of the Year Linda Pupkiewicz
- 11/3/21: General Meeting; elections for 2022; Guest Speaker Bucks County Commissioner Diane Ellis-Marseglia presented by Ray Greenberg of Financial Expertise and Ed MacConnell of Total Benefit Solutions
- December 2021: Project Blue Light/Social Gathering (TBD)
- Presenter for June Ron Hyman of Insurance Shops
- Ron Hyman from Insurance Shops right here on Bustleton Ave in Feasterville presents our guest speakers this month. Insurance Shops is dedicated to their clients and all their different insurance needs. Their mission is simple-provide innovative solutions for both individuals and commercial organizations. They offer business owners coverage policies for general liability, workers comp, cyber, liability, commercial auto and business owners policies, and special events coverage.
- Guest Speaker for June Lt Mike Pennington and Sgt Chris Koehnlein of the Lower Southampton Police Department:
- Lt. Pennington has been a police officer with the Lower Southampton Twp. P.D. since 1986 and has held the rank of Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant. He was assigned to the detective division for two years. In addition to being an Accident Reconstructionist he is one of the team Commanders for the Bucks County Major Incident Response Team.
- Sgt. Koehnlein has been a police officer with the Lower Southampton Twp. P.D. since 1995. He has risen through the ranks from Corporal to Sergeant. Like Lt Pennington Sgt Koehnlein is also an Accident Reconstructionist, he also is a member of the South Central SWAT team and one of the police department’s A.L.I.C.E. instructor.
- A.L.I.C.E. Training helps people, business owners, religious leaders etc. develop a plan to respond to an active threat of an armed subject in the work place, school, place of worship or on any other venue. The main goal of the training is to instill in the attendees the importance of developing a plan in the event that the worst case scenario happens.